Thursday, July 30, 2020

7/27/20 Backbone State Park

Northeast Iowa is the prettiest part of Iowa, hands down!!  Hills and cliff you don't get in central Iowa for sure.

Backbone State Park is one of the prettiest places in Iowa (in my experience)


Matthew found this cool cliff....the first of many we saw in the park.  I told him to pretend he was lifting it....cuz we are silly like that.



Here is the crew walking in the Maquoketa River.....yes it is a river and not a stream.  I didn't bring my good camera on this trip, so I can't zoom in for a better photo.  Worth it to not worry about the camera!



Matthew told me to pose.  I am hardly in any photos in my kids album, because I can delete whatever I don't like....I am going to try to include a few pictures for this trip!


We walked the East side trail, then took the Bluebird trail back to our car.  Come to find out that we should have hiked the actual Backbone trail.  We didn't know that and it was a little short and I was worried I wouldn't convince the family to do a 2nd trail.  The next day, a local (gas station cashier) indicated that the Backbone Trail has the best boulders and is like a gigantic spinal column of rocks.  Oh well...next time.


Joel, AKA dare-devil.  I was fine with this climbing, but drew the line on day 3 when he wanted to climb a waterfall....uh no...wet rocks - what are you crazy!! 







 Many of the photos from this day were taken by Ken, Carolyn and Matthew!

No comments:

Post a Comment