Sunday, July 19, 2020

7/19/20

Anna and I went for a walk on the High Trestle Trail....We jumped on the trail near her old middle school.  It is the same trail that goes all the way to the High Trestle bridge (22+ miles away) that Joel biked to a few weeks ago.  Anna and I walked for awhile, turned back around and went to watch Joel ump for a few plays.  (ball diamonds are near the trail)  The walk was marvelous....shaded and cool in the early morning!!

They have made some changes at the ball diamonds that I feel make it more safe.  They don't allow parents to be between the dugouts and the end of the diamond toward the catcher.....they want people in the outfield and the far side of the dugout.  When we arrived security was having to move people who did pay attention to the signs.  They were a little fussy.  I wanted to say - "This is to better separate the 8 team's fans that play on each quad - to keep your families safe!!!"  When we went before, everyone was mixed together behind each home plate and it felt like a free-for-all.  Today felt better.  (alas poorer viability for fans.....but safety first)

I made butternut "zoodles"  While prepping the butternut, I thought "this is too much work"..... but oh how satisfying the spiralizing felt!!!!


 Matthew and I are making 2 huge chicken recipes.  Baked parm. chicken thighs and Italian Chicken in the crockpot.  He has run to the store to get some ingredients and I started the crock pot as it will take 8 hours!!   The plan is to have food ready to pull out of the freezer on days I work (Fridays esp. I just don't want to cook) and for him to take some freezer meals to school for days he has marching band...(if)


Anna is making mini quiches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment