Thursday, July 30, 2020

7/28/20 Manchester, the Turkey River and Prairie du Chien

We stayed in Manchester over night.  We went to a little water-park in town to look around.  I guess you can tube or kayak down the river here (man-made rapids), but the areas looked a little narrow to me.  Helmets are used, but I still don't want to knock up against a bunch of rocks.  The kids tried to fish a little.


 Cool kaleidoscope next to the river.




These pictures don't do our river adventure justice.  It was so pretty.  Anna first (begrudgingly) went in the canoe with Ken until I felt it was safe for her to kayak alone.  I wanted to tell her that my mom probably (in heaven) still wishes I didn't kayak alone, so at 13 she should understand my desire for caution.


Now I am in the canoe and Anna joined the other kids kayaking.   (Of course she had not trouble!!)  There were a few "exciting" spots where the water was a little active, but mostly it was an easy paddle downstream.  My kind of river!


Ken took these photos because he had a special water-proof bag to keep his phone in.

We stayed just across the Mississipi in Wisconsin, so that the kids could swim at a water-park.  (Keep in mind that there aren't many hotels in the places to which we traveled.)  We thought they would have to get up at the crack of dawn, but lucky for us (but not the hotel owner), we had the pool to ourselves around dinner time!!








No comments:

Post a Comment