Friday, July 24, 2020

7/24/20

We had to change our plans slightly as I found out that Maquoketa caves are currently closed.  You can hike the trails, but I felt like we would feel deprived there....so switcheroo and we will go to Decorah the 3rd day to see the waterfalls of Iowa....which I am sure are very comparable to Hawaii (bwa ha ha ha ha ha).  I also made reservations at a hotel that has a pool that opens at 6 am!  Hoot hoot.....swimming while most people are sleeping....Anna is game and she is my deprived swimmer.  Joel said he will adhere to his personal sleep schedule (which is get up at 8....this makes me laugh because he is "up", but not "up" if you know what I mean!!!)  Maybe he will get to swim a bit before other people get there.  I will bet that Matthew won't swim and Carolyn is 50/50!  We will head for Decorah that day when other people arrive at the pool.  Outside just feels safer, but Anna will get her swim in first!

Not a great screenshot, but now I have deleted the mapquest!

I have been gathering things for the trip (and for the great Iowa City migration).  We have Precious until Sunday night, which a great, because she is such a sweetie.  My house is a mess, but I have just accepted this until my Iowa City contingent is settled there.  (Matthew moves into his apartment on August 1st, but then will return to Des Moines to work for awhile....no mention of Marching Band....which I take to mean they haven't decided yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment