Sunday, July 26, 2020

7/26/20 End of Stay-cation!

In January we planned our vacation - to go to Worlds of Fun in KC, to Branson MO and then to Table Rock Lake.  Small vacations have been our M.O. while having kids in the work force and in college.  Well in March, I knew that vacation was out!  I had already asked off for 7/24 through 7/30.  (I often start my vacation on the earlier Friday, since I work M/Tu/Friday.  I get extra days off in a row (9) by just skipping that earlier Friday.  I could take a Very long vacation, but just taking 4 days off instead of 3, but I haven't had to do that recently.  I'd rather just take days off here and there instead.)

Anyway, we decided we did want to take a little trip to the great outdoors, where we could still be socially distanced from everyone, but "get away".  So this meant that the first part of my vacation became a stay-cation....and I have to say - I really liked it!  We leave tomorrow for the away part of our vacation.

I made many masks and ear-savers during my time off.  Today I will mail a care package to my friend Beth, who is relocating to California on Friday!!!!  I made her a set of hot-pads and napkins to welcome her to her new kitchen.


 Also a Hawkeye mask (since she is a fellow Hawkeye) and another for good measure!  She is a speech pathologists in the schools, so she will need many masks.


 Packaging sealed the deal!!!
 (the note say "no microwave"...metal is in the hot pad)

 Here is the Christmas ball that Beth mailed to me a few weeks ago.  We have been exchanging this ball every other Christmas since before Matthew was born.  This Christmas it was lost....but then it was found!!!  Beth included a soft facemask and some excellent lip care (like chap-stick but fancy!!)  Now this Christmas I will mail it back to her with a couple of treasures inside the ball!


I also finished up 6 MN Vikings masks from my great fabric find.  2 have been hand delivered to fans, the others will be mailed to MN today!!


Now I need to find a little something that I can take with me to sew when I am in the hotel!

1 comment: