Thursday, December 17, 2020

12/16/20 trying to spice up cooking

 Sometimes I get tired of cooking.  Anna and I made several dishes using Home Chef this fall and it was fun, but I made the critical error of not cancelling before the the next week's meals shipped.  The price was still decent, but I knew I wouldn't keep paying that much for a meal kit.

Yesterday we started trying Hellofresh, but I was smart and made sure they wouldn't automatically send me meals without my asking for them!!!  I bought 3 meals for 4 people each and decided we would "stretch them" with some of our own ingredients (ex: chicken breast and a pepper yesterday)

Matthew was the chief cook and thank goodness.  It was way more work than I like to do, especially since the whole idea is to make things easier...right?

Luckily Matthew actually likes hard (and normally unusual) recipes, so this didn't phase him one bit.  The final product was delicious, but again for me too much work!!

Note Anna was joking in the photos: "pretend I helped"





I now present: FLAUTAS





No comments:

Post a Comment