Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Eve

I was doing a little sewing, when I decided I should make a stocking for Carolyn's boyfriend.  His mother had given her a stocking, plus I knew it would make her happy.  In making Leslie's stockings I re-remembered how to make a finished lining.  I am posting pictures here, because it is unintuitive and have to relearn each time.  Now I can just look at the pictures.  The outsides of the stocking go on the inside (with right sides out).  The insides of the stocking are placed on the outside (with the right sides in).  I created a hole in the lining of the stocking to pull the insides out!!!  Sew around the top to get all the pieces together, then I re-stitched the lining's toe.



after this you tuck the lining inside!

tah dah
 (it is the patch work stocking 3 from the left).  It actually doesn't have a home on the mantel, which is fine since Carolyn's boyfriend hasn't been here to get his stocking yet anyway!!  (Just here for show!)


I convinced the 3 kids at home and Ken to go on a very cold walk!!  (Ken is getting his coat on while I take this photo!)



 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! So impressed with all your blogging this year!

    ReplyDelete