Tuesday, December 29, 2020

12/29/30

Winter in Iowa


Our neighbors left for Florida at 4 am this morning.....SMART  The boys are going to shovel for them while they are gone for 5 weeks.  Visibility is terrible!!  It feels like night time in the middle of the day!


Our clinic closed today at noon and we were asked to leave by 1:00.  I think I had a big win leaving at 1:15.  I am off until Monday, so there is only so much I can leave undone!!  Driving home wasn't slippery, but it was slow and definitely a wheel clencher!  I wasn't my worst drive since starting this job, but among the top 5.  (normally driving is a snap because they do such a good job cleaning the interstate and most of my trip is on I 235, but during my drive it was an actively snowing!)  

I could have gotten my first Covid vaccine tomorrow, but I was too worried about today's predicted weather to schedule then.  I think I made a good choice.   No sense breaking my neck to get a vaccine when I can just wait until next week.  I did participate in a Covid research project today that the hospital is supporting.  They are asking all team members who want to participate a bunch of questions about their job responsibilities and their habits in and out of work and then are going to test for antibodies.

  Rumor with a bunch of nurses and doctors today (only on Tuesdays do I see doctors and nurses because they sedate my babies for a test) said that there was a team member who had Covid in April and they had NO antibodies during the study.  Several of the doctors and nurses have had Covid, so it will be interesting to see the results of the study.  Even more interesting will be the people who have antibodies but never knew that they had Covid!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment