Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Beautiful Children, Ugly Veggies!

Here is our Boston Marrow Squash (click on the name if you are dying to know more about this funny plant). We bought the seeds at the Living History Farms. Let's just say that this plant has been around awhile (200 years of documentation, but the web site says it may be prehistoric - which sounds like the time of the dinosaurs to me, but I guess that isn't really what it means in this case :)

Since its survival can't be for its beauty, we are hoping it will be delicious. We cooked our first pumpkin today, so the Marrow Squash will have to wait.

I think we will blame our crazy carrots on the fact that they were VERY neglected and not well weeded. So I speculate that weeds were in the way when this carrot tried to grow down. Our carrots are not only ugly (well not all of them) but NOT tasty either. I guess they have had a fun factor - harvesting has been enjoyable!

(Yes my kids did eat carrots tonight - but they were from the grocery store - the garden carrots will be hitting the compost heap!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I liked your blog. I invite you to visit my blog ...
    www.frasesmotivadoras.com devoted to meditation and well being of the soul
    www.emule-configurar.com tricks for Windows and Internet
    www.clipnoticias.blogspot.com news in Spanish
    www.musicadelparaguay.blogspot.com

    Hola, me ha gustado tu blog... Te invito a que visites algunos de mis blogs...
    www.frasesmotivadoras.com dedicado a la meditaciĆ³n y el bienestar del alma
    www.emule-configurar.com trucos para Windows e Internet
    www.clipnoticias.blogspot.com noticias actualizadas en espaƱol
    www.musicadelparaguay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I like your blog. I invite you to visit my blog--it is NOT about well being of the soul and certainly NOT about any meditation of any kind, in fact, the total opposite.
    Ha, ha.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the veggies!

    :)

    ReplyDelete