Saturday, August 29, 2009

This week's this and that.

Yes, the kids are very excited to see a bunny in our bucket. Ken has a soft heart for living animals and once even put bunnies from our yard into our (finished for the year) garden, so that he wouldn't run over them with the lawn mower. All of this bunny's siblings had a run-in with the neighbor's dog and since our neighborhood is teaming with dogs, Ken took this bunny to a field far away. (witness protection program for bunnies) Because you know our house is just too quiet....... Matthew is starting band this year. We found this Yamaha trumpet on Craig's list for $125 and were able to get a "terminal clean" (the entire trumpet was taken apart and chemically cleaned). We hope band will be a nice way for Matthew to meet new friends. Ken and I were both in band, but just between you and me - I liked playing the flute, but wasn't all that crazy about band. I think this might relate to the fact that I was in band during middle-school, freshman, sophmore and junior years of high-school and I don't think anyone thinks these are the easiest years to live :)
What do you think Carolyn is trying to tell us with her choice of books at the library today? You know that Ken took the kids to the library (rather than me) because I would have said, "only 5 of one kind of book". Otherwise what will the other deprived children check-out to get their doggie fix?

1 comment:

  1. You are so resourceful to buy the trumpet on Craig's list. I hope Matthew quickly learns to hit the notes dead on.

    ReplyDelete