Friday, August 28, 2009

Getting my voice heard!

In the past, I have occasionally written to my congressmen in order to support/oppose legislation. I have done this for 2 reasons: 1. pro-life message 2. something that impacts my profession (ie. my profession's organization ASHA (American Speech Language Hearing Association) sends out email asking audiologists and speech pathologists to help support something that is good for health care providers that aren't MDs, since we sometimes get the short end of the stick).

Well today I wrote to my representatives (and the president) about health care reform. I am not against health care for those in need, but I am worried about the legacy of debt we are leaving our children. That is why I wrote, just to ask for fiscal responsibility! Regardless of your position, if you feel moved to write, I found a website that gives you quick access to your congressmen.

shockingly it is called: congress.org

I feel like such a responsible citizen! I feel very empowered. (That's what that Fox news at night has done to me.)

Now I better go be fiscally responsible and get some work done while Anna naps - ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I sometimes feel overwhelmed by all of it, that my one voice doesn't even matter or make a difference, which I know is a terrible attitude.
    Get to workin'!

    :)
    Mj

    ReplyDelete