Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Road Trippin' continued

Here is my college room-mate (in Iowa City and Minneapolis) M*. We have made a point to stay in touch and see each other, even though we live far apart. I know this picture is "distant", but I loved the scenery too much to use the close up!

The kids and I drove to Sioux Falls to meet M*'s family after being in Omaha. We only stayed the afternoon, since M*'s family was only in Sioux Falls for the day - they live in Rapid City. Although we were in the car longer than we were in Sioux Falls, it was worth every driving minute. I would drive for days to see M* for a few hours. She inspires me to be more free spirited and energetic.
My kids love M*'s family! Her older daughter is 3 years older than Matthew. Her 2nd daughter is just a bit older than Matthew (our pregnancies overlapped). Her youngest and Carolyn also had overlapping gestations.
Carolyn an M* are 2 peas in a pod when we are together. They also are occasional pen pals.
It is always a party with the L* family!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely worth a click on the picture of you, Betsy, and M. I got to see your pretty faces as well as the scenery and learned that in Sioux Falls, handbags grow right alongside the flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete