Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mother's Helpers

My end of the summer blogging-blitz would not be complete without a photo of our "mother's helpers". These two girls were fantastic. My kids LOVED them. The only bad thing is that we didn't start having them come over until the middle of July!
J* just turned 12 and B* is 14. Although J* is only a little over a year older than Matthew, it seems closer to 5 years. These girls are the daughters of my friends J* and C*. J* went to undergrad at the U of I and got her masters at the U of M, just as I did. Unfortunately she finished her masters before I started. Fortunately, she was doing her Clinical Fellowship Year (in audiology) at the same time I did my externship at the University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics. We kept in touch via Christmas cards and again via Facebook (which was the best thing about facebook - which I have since stopped using, so don't send me a message :) J* and I were good walking buddies before the summer got too busy, but plan to pick it up again. This family lives about .4 miles from us - it's a small world after all.


1 comment:

  1. I have got get some of those for next summer! They are indeed gems.

    ReplyDelete