Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hold me to it!

The adventure has begun. I have started to tackle the store-room in the basement. The problem is that there are too many miscellaneous boxes of "stuff" down there that just need to be sorted! (there are the misc. boxes when were trying to get the house ready to show, the misc. boxes when we moved out of the apt., the misc. boxes when we moved out of the house, the misc. boxes that got shoved down there so I could finish another part of the house, or have company....do you see the problem????)

Now that the upstairs is complete (for the most part). It was just time to get started with the "pit of despair". Actually one of my motivations was the need to sharpen 45 pencils before school starts and the fact that the electric pencil sharpener was still in a box. BTW it was found!

Do you remember this? click on the word remember to hyperlink to a previous blog and see my beautiful storage shelves. Well, they were full before the movers arrived from Indiana. However - for the first time since those movers arrived - you can now walk through the storage room. I am creating a MY SIDE and a YOUR SIDE. I am going to make a deal w/ Ken that I will go through all my boxes and all the "kid" related boxes....and he gets to go through HIS! (So he needs to get started too :)

Keep me honest - I hope to keep plugging away, but do expect it to take a couple months to complete this task!

2 comments:

  1. Betsy....it will be so worth it to you when you are finished. I know you'll get there!

    How did you keep your sanity while in the apartment and needing something that you know is in a nicely labeled box....a box that is in a SEA of other nicely labeled boxes???

    ReplyDelete