Monday, August 17, 2009

The challenge of the day

Yep. This is my mini-van getting towed. You might wonder why I took a picture, but I guess because you are reading this blog you already know the answer! (Blogs are better with pictures.)

So we went to the garden and it was pretty overcast. I decided to turn on my lights. They automatically go off unless you leave a door open......well we had several doors open and ended up with a dead battery. Of course you typically don't need a tow for a dead battery. Since we were at the garden, I asked Pastor Mike for a jump. Unfortunately pastors must not jump cars very often and he put the leads on backward. We did eventually get the car jumped and the battery is fine. Unfortunately having the leads on backward probably killed the watchamacalit. (I can't remember what is broken, I just know that the nice auto-shop owner (who had one of his men pick up my quintet in his personal vehicle) found me a used part, for less than 1/2 of the $900 new sticker price). Hopefully they will have the car repaired tomorrow. Luckily we live within walking distance of the school, so we can get to "Meet the Teacher" night without a problem.

Let's see....in about a month I have paid $1000 for repairs and licence registration on this vehicle. Last week I ran into a large box that was in the middle of Interstate 235 - 4 lane traffic. I am missing a piece of the front bumper/grill - it didn't fall out right away, but obviously was loose, because now it is gone. Add to that today's mishap and my car is having a bad month! Luckily it had a good run the entire previous year!

Thankfully, I am having a good week - or I might just be crabby! Today, I am just trying to look at the bright side - no one was injured, the tow truck and ride to the shop came quickly. I have a friend to give me a lift back to the shop tomorrow and the kids were on pretty good behavior through it all.....say a prayer for Anna though, who has a runny nose :( and didn't sleep well last night.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Car problems stress me out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you refer to your family as a quintet. I hope you are off and running again quickly.

    ReplyDelete