Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Be still my beating heart!

The pin cushion turned out so well (and looked like a perfect little pillow) that it gave Carolyn the idea that she wanted to make a pillow for Anna. This time she took the wheel! As a person who loves to sew, it thrills me to see her love it too!

Anna's pillow turned out so great that Carolyn made Grandma Schilling a sented pillow for her dresser. (don't tell Grandma, Grandpa!) Plans are in the works to make Grandma McCleary a pin cushion after the holidays, since we won't see her until spring. Carolyn also asked if she could make Anna a little blanket for Easter. I think she has the sewing-bug!

Plus, isn't the new hair-cut sweet. Her best buddy at school had this cut, so she requested it yesterday when we went to get our holiday beauty-cuts.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Now you both can be my teachers one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see she is guiding the fabric along each side with fingers way out of the way. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair and talent- can I send her some mending to do?

    ReplyDelete