Wednesday, September 16, 2020

9/15/20

 Run like the wind Bullseye!


I mean Joel

Before yesterday's race Joel said, "Cross country is hard, it hurts, you just have to accept that".  (a recruitment speech it was not)

Today he was giving Anna a pep-talk (for her race tomorrow).  "You have worked hard for this, you have trained for weeks, you gotta leave it all there" (not a direct quote, but you get the gist)  We may have joked that you can pretend a gummy bear is chasing you.  "Not a big one, he's little, but he has a gun!"  another almost quote from Joel 

Yesterday after the race we stopped at a restaurant, that coincidentally is right by my hospital, but I have never eaten there.  (no time for that EVER!) It has been talked up on a Facebook group for safe Covid practice (take out only)....also recommended for being yummy...A Dong: Vietnamese.....Joel and I weren't sure if we had Vietnamese before.  It was great and the leftovers today were even better!  Plus I made many other freezer lunch meals because the portions were so big!  Matthew will love to go to this restaurant!  (He loves the independent, interesting and unique restaurants.)  While we were waiting for the order, Joel and I walked around downtown Des Moines a little, near the sculpture garden.  It was nice to just walk and chat.  Joel said next year he wants to train harder and "go for the cake" (varsity).  

(Anna and Ken gave us their order, they stayed in Ankeny during the race because Anna had practice....I missed my XC partner.....for the last 3 years Anna went with me to almost every race.)    

We made Anna's soup look lovely so we could show Matthew!




















1 comment: