Saturday, September 19, 2020

9/19/20

I have been cleaning and organizing....because now I have time!  I feel like I was just treading water with the house stuff for 6 months!

Here is some art work I found.  I am asking each artist if they want to keep each piece, and taking pictures of all!

This was Carolyn....5th grade I think.....she says it is a keeper!
I am trying to make each kid a binder (of awards etc.) and small box of stuff (that they want to keep).

One major area of work this week was my office.  This made me look in our fire-safe box and I found a bunch of negatives and American Eagle Silver Dollars, shoved in willie nillie!  Long story short.... Decades ago, I decided to give my God children silver dollars for Christmas instead of something they might soon throw away.  But later heard of someone liquidating a loved one's coin collection and then it didn't sound like such a great gift and I stopped.  Anyway, I also bought the kids silver dollars each year for awhile, but stopped in 2009.  So today Anna and I put filled a bunch of coin boxes with the "loose" silver dollars and gave each kid 1/4 of the dollars.  Of course, there was 33!  We put the extra coin in with the negatives, lest someone see one person received 9 coins ("I knew he/she was the favorite!")!  Initially I thought I would just buy 3 more coins, but they have increased dramatically in price since I bought them...so I decided to leave it alone.  Ironically the 2020 American Eagles cost a bunch of money (more than 4 to 6X what I paid and way more than even 2019).  I thought, "who wants to memorialize this year?"


before (of course initially it looked way worse than this)


after 
(I told the kids....don't buy a coke with these....not really a dollar!)



1 comment: