Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Home chef....pre-review

My hospital has an email each week with coupons or specials. Most of them I ignore, because they are really just sales pitches.  But perhaps being inundated with Home Chef ads. on YouTube have had there intended effect.  Anyway they offered 60% off up to $39.  We ended up spending $41.91 for about 8 meals. Originally it was a bit less, but one of their meals was a salad and I can absolutely make salad without their help or price tag, so subbing out bumped us up.  Part of the reason I bought this was because cooking has gotten a little stale lately.  Plus the kids are home more with virtual education and they are good cooks.  (So a little home-schooling that they will like!)  Of course they are gone to cross country right when we would be cooking, but maybe we will do something at lunchtime tomorrow.  Who knows!
Anna always at the ready when a fun package arrives!
A mini-refrigerator....feels a little un-environmentally friendly, but Anna said the plastic packaging is made of re-cycled bottles of water.  Plus how un-environmentally friendly was all the take-out packaging we have thrown away since March..... (but...ya know...supporting the local restaurants)








 Unfortunately our box arrived at 5:35 and if I haven't started cooking by then, we all know sadness ensues.  So I already had made stir fry chicken and Greek green beans.  Anna (un-solicited) said the chicken was good.....so tonight was a win without the help of Home Chef!!  It is good to have something for tomorrow (because I am only working in the morning and have time) and for Friday, because usually that is a day that I don't want to cook, but I think this will turn that around for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment