Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Ablaze

Alanis Morissette's new song might make you cry.   (click the link to the left if you don't mind)



"this nest is never going away"

"my mission is to keep the light ablaze"

totally tugs my heartstrings!

--------

Joel has a song in his choir this year from Alanis, so I have been on a little bit of a kick.  She was a child star and suffered with all that garbage.  She had an eating disorder, was taken advantage by a producer and has had terrible post-partum depression.  She has been interviewed and has talked about supporting other women through this.  I admire that.  Anyway.....LOVE THIS SONG!

HERE ARE SOME lyrics:
To my boy, all that energy so wild
Of your hues and your blues in equal measure
Your comings and your goings-away
My mission is to keep the light in your eyes ablaze
To my girl, all your innocence and fire
When you reach out, I am here hell or high water
This nest is never going away
My mission is to keep the light in your eyes ablaze
To my boy, my precious gentle warrior
To your sweetness and your strength in exploring
May this bond stay with you through your days
My mission is to keep the light in your eyes ablaze
And this cord is unbreakable
This pilot light is there in your pocket
And this bond, beyond un-shakeable
To my girl
Next you might notice is that we will always be a family

No comments:

Post a Comment