Wednesday, September 2, 2020

9/2/20

So today was the first day since I am guessing March 11th that I had no one home for a big chunk of the day.  (When I wasn't also gone.)  Joel does have open campus and came home at lunch because it butted up to the open period he has on the day opposite of PE.  (there are no every other day classes)  Last fall semester he went to gym everyday, but decided it was too much last Spring.  I have to agree that working out twice a day during XC and soccer season is too much.  You need to let your body recover!

I spent 1/2 the day running errands and the other 1/2 doing my August banking/budget.  It wasn't pretty, with sending 2 kids to college for the first time, getting new tires for the car that now lives in Iowa City and property taxes.  Our most expensive month to date (except maybe the day I wrote the check for our down payment on the house or got new siding or a roof!)

We decided recently that we need to replace most of our kitchen towels and wash cloths.  Aren't these beautiful?  I am going to make some new cloth napkins as well and send the others to the rag bucket!!  It is the simple things that make me happy!  But even better....I know that tomorrow I will see Matthew and Carolyn when Carolyn comes home for the long weekend!!  (Matthew is staying in Iowa City.  Anna and I are driving to pick her up.)

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of your new kitchen towels/dishcloths. Safe travels to you and Anna. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete