Sunday, January 9, 2022

Almost over! The Big Day has arrived!


AWARD CEREMONY for Mid-Iowa Show Choir Championship.   Joel's group presented all the awards.  My friend took this photo!!! (Her son Noah, who plays soccer with Joel his to his left!  It is great fun when you know the kids from multiple activities!)

------------------------

I arrived at school at 6:45 (so Anna could get her dress on and perform at 7:35AM)

We watched Anna perform, then I helped in the kitchen, moved awards to the gym, helped in the kitchen, moved more awards to the gym (for finals) cleaned up and went home.

Got home at 10:30ish (but PM, not AM)  I didn't work the entire 15 hours, but I didn't go home because I was afraid I might fall asleep or somehow forget to make it back to transport the awards, which was my sole responsibility!  (although Ken was my great partner!)

Ken and Joel arrived home at 12:30!!

BUT IT WAS A GREAT DAY.  
Volunteering with the school (choir/band/soccer/cross-country) is really easy peasy.  You get to  know great parents and the kids are extremely polite (they were prepped for good behavior :0)  Plus I know many of these people for 6 + years when Carolyn started show choir.  So really some of the time, I was just hanging out with friends!

--------------------------

OTHER BIG NEWS:

Anna got her booster!  (I think it might have been the first day in Iowa when kids her age could get boosted!  When I initially heard that the FDA was allowing her age group to get boosted, I couldn't get her signed up to save my life.....CVS had to catch up to the FDA :0)

Early that morning Ken got an email saying her appt was cancelled (he took her since I was at school all day).  Anyway, I told him to just go to the appointment and ask because I think the cancellation was an error.  They went and she got boosted!  Good to be persistent!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment