Friday, January 14, 2022

Wordle

There is this new word game where you try to guess the hidden word.  There are no clues.  You guess a 5 letter word then the game tells you (by turning the box green) that you got a letter correct and in the correct spot.  The game turns the box yellow if you have a correct letter, but it is in the wrong spot.  

I have played for a little over a week (maybe 8 times....you can only do one game per day).  My average guessing rate is 5.  (Many 4 guesses and many 6 guesses.  I had one guess in 3 tries.  I am telling this as a big brag on Joel.  The first time he played he guessed in 2 tries.  He didn't play the next day.  The 3rd day he guessed in 2 tries again.  The kid should have played the lottery instead of Wordle.  Seriously have no idea how he did it....but here is proof that he did.  (and he isn't a cheater, nor angry which you might think based on his first word choice)


You may not be impressed, but you should be, this is amazing.  Below I made up an example of how it goes for me.  This is faked because before I could finish, Joel was celebrating his win and I looked, forgetting that I was trying to guess the same word.



Anyway, try it!  It is fun and low commitment because you can only play once per day and can't get addicted. (I wouldn't because I don't LOVE word games.  I like this because of its limited nature and because of Joel's amazing feat!)

1 comment:

  1. I love Wordle and am always very impressed with myself if I get it in only 3 :)

    ReplyDelete