Wednesday, April 29, 2020

04/29/2020

Today I learned that we have almost 900 National Guard soldiers and air-men helping with our state's Covid19 response.  I really like that they are here for our state.  (Although our state doesn't feel like the war they are fighting in New York!)

I learned that I mailed a patient's broken hearing aids to the wrong manufacturer for repair.  Hopefully they have been mailed back to me, because we know they received them :0(   ugh - when I make a mistake, but am doing 100 things a day - well that isn't as terrible as when I am doing less than 10 things in a day at work.

Here is Hedwig.....don't tell him he looks like a pigeon.  He is a snowy owl that took HOURS to create (cuz he is so tiny).  He even has a tail to prop himself.  Next Doby.  (My sister gave Anna a Hogwarts kit, but it is a bit challenging for her.)  I tried Hedwig when we first got the kit, but wasn't up for its level of difficulty.  Since that time I have made booties, so my skills have increased.  So after 2 mistakes, Hedwig was born!  I do think Doby will be easier because I learned so much making Hedwig. (and he isn't so small)  Hedwig is small enough to fit on crocheted Harry Potter....who doesn't exist here yet.  Ignore jibberish below, not sure what it is.
<10 a="" day="" in="" nbsp="" of="" p="" things="" work.="">


Now the craziest thing of the day.....
Joel received a $1200 stimulus check....despite being a dependent on my taxes (checked his to make sure I didn't list it wrong) and despite making only $1236 last year and despite being 16 years old.  We will be trying to reach the IRS tomorrow.  I am sure it will be a breeze.

The best thing of the day:  Carolyn was notified about another scholarship today!!  (It is through Ankeny Dollars for Scholars....lots of kids get them from local businesses.  The best thing is that Carolyn's business happens to be our neighbor's Real Estate company.  Not probably a coincidence, she really likes Carolyn and was she listed as one of the (MANY DIFFERENT) sponsors when Carolyn applied.  So nice they picked her!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, congrats on the scholarship!
    Good luck with check confusion! I had an IRS issue years ago. Got a letter out of nowhere saying that they were submitting my name for sheriff for not paying our previous year's state taxes. Well, our previous year state taxes, we didn't owe-- got something back, small I think. Of course, trying to call and figure out? No luck. Then get a letter saying pay it now or you have warrant for your arrest. The amount was a couple hundred dollars. So, I paid it out of fear because I could afford to, but of course, I wanted my money back. Finally, months later, I am able to get someone who truly within a second is like, "oh, yes, i see what they did wrong, they looked at this line, instead of that line, we'll mail you a refund for what you paid when you didn't have to."
    Of course, then when the next time I did a credit report, it showed as an unpaid collection that was turned over to the authorities! Begin process again. :)

    ReplyDelete