Wednesday, April 15, 2020

4/15/20

My day started out fantastically:

Julie had her baby (Sophia Lavonne) around 4 am.  Lavonne was my mother's name although most people called her Bonnie.  (My dad did call her Lavonne as did her mother and maybe her sister.)

Then we had a visitor:

Anna commented, "there is a black dog in our yard" (this was before 7:30am, and normally she isn't even up for the day)

I peaked out the window and Sivia was at our door.  She was such a sweet dog.  She wanted to come inside (not!).  We called her owner and they picked her up.  She had a collar for an electric fence, but something must have gone wrong, then she got disoriented in the fog.  We fed her a little of Lilly's food, which was a mistake, given that her owner came within minutes and we almost ran out of food!  She ate like she was starving to death.  Lilly leaves tomorrow so I called my friend who also has a puppy and Joel picked up enough to get us through.



This is what we saw when we woke up today.  Yes snow and yes 8 days ago we were in the 80s.  It melted in the morning, but did sprinkle a little throughout the day!
Today was one of those LONG LONG days.  Not sure why, Lilly was a bit of a pill today.  I think she doesn't want us to miss her too bad when she leaves tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment