Sunday, April 26, 2020

4/24/20

I felt a lot better today, still a bit imbalanced, but not spinning....so progress!!

I went to work and found out Cyndi was taking a furlough.  They could get her work, but not 40 hours per week, so they were going to give her hours to someone else.  Amy and I will now listen to the messages and take down the mail and pick up the packages.  No big deal, sad to not see Cyndi until things change.

Governor Reynolds announced that we could re-open non-urgent health care.  My hospital hasn't told us of their decision.  I do know that when we open up we will need to wear full PPE.  Fine, I say - keep everyone safe.  I don't think we will be the first to open.  My guess is that they will see patients in pain or with cancer etc.  I do know that initially we will try to just see infants who failed their hearing screenings at birth.  (also I want to fit the baby who has been waiting for his hearing aids since the week after we closed!!!)  Governor also said Farmer's Markets (food only) could open.  Kinda silly, but she is all about the food chain.  I won't be going for sure!  Our infection numbers were over 600 today, Iowa's main problems are nursing homes and food packing plants.....both places that are hard to "socially distance".

The school sent a poll about graduation.  Did we want a video graduation, "normal" graduation at Hilton Colosseum in late June, or graduation in our school gym with 2 people per graduate, again in late June.  Unfortunately Ken forwarded this email to Carolyn who voted on Hilton while on break from work.  That would be my 3rd choice for sure.  I think in person graduation should be cancelled, no sense in being a super spreader situation!!  Who wants a graduation with face masks?  We have already cancelled (in our heads) our party.  We hope that Carolyn can have a small celebration with her best buddies in early August.  Most important is getting kids back to school in the fall.  Graduation shouldn't put that at risk.  I think it is very unlikely that the Governor will allow big crowds by June, but if she does, I don't want my family to attend.  UGGH.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I am not feeling hopeful on any gatherings in June.
    Ben's school said maybe something in December when (most) kids home from break is most likely scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron's high school is moving to a digital graduation on original date of May 23rd. I just have to wonder if college courses will be on line in the fall...

    ReplyDelete