Thursday, April 16, 2020

4/16/20

I went to Aldi with a mask on today.  It didn't make me crazy nervous like I would have guessed.  It made me feel better to know that wearing a mask is to protect others from you, if you are symptom free but contagious.  That's all I needed to know!

Our state has suffered many cases of Covid19 at nursing homes (10% of cases and almost 1/2 of the deaths) and recently packing plants.  This has caused further restrictions in the hardest hit counties in Iowa.  At the same time there are some crazy people in Michigan fighting their restrictions.  "Freedom or Death".....uh death is what we are trying to prevent you idiots!  They have the 4th highest number of cases!

Today Lilly goes back to the ARL for her surgery tomorrow am.  She will be adopted immediately when her picture/data go onto the adoption website.  She really is a great dog, just still a bit tough at night.  (She just can't make it through the night without going outside due to her age.)  We will miss her, especially Anna and Joel who spend the most time with her.  Anna has carried her around much of today.

Carolyn and Joel were able to get Silver Cord hours for volunteering with Lilly.  This is excellent luck since their service adventure over spring break was cancelled and Carolyn needed 5 hours before May 1.

After I drop off Lilly, I will get gas and do a curb-side pick up of fabric because we are going to make receiving blankets for 4 His Heart.   It is a group that is run by my friend's friend in support of families identified with babies who have congenital heart disease.  (My friend had this idea when I was trying to think of volunteer ideas that can be done from home by Carolyn, but really we will all help....well maybe not Ken and Matthew who are working full time at other things!!)

Tonight we are getting take out from my friend's restaurant The Cabaret.  They are having a fund raiser for Centennial Choral Music Parent Organization.  (but really I mostly want to support my friend)





Goodbye sweet Lilly!
Notice how close in height everyone is...

yep.  I paid less than $1 for gas (because I used my Sam's club card which gives me 5% off)  This is less related to Covid19 and more related to the gasoline war between Saudi Arabia and Russia that is supposed to be over now.  This is like the "Ironic" song by Alanis Morsette....Isn't Ironic that gas is so cheap, when no one has anywhere they can go.   (I will still be driving downtown Des Moines for work, but nothing like this time last year, driving to nearby towns to watch Joel play soccer...sniff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment