Wednesday, May 13, 2020

5/11/20

My clinic is open.  I fit hearing aids to a 3 month old, who literally has been waiting most of his life for these devices....(He was supposed to be fit right after we closed down.)  He did great.  Whenever possible, fit hearing aids to babies who have no hand control :0)  (just kidding, but not really - those babies do great and we hope are adjusted to the hearing aids before they are capable of taking them out.  They still take them out, but they are easier to train then kids who get their devices before age one, but do have hand control.)  His hearing aid was like the picture below on the left (small!!), but in beige because parents often pick that color for their infants.  Older kids love the fun colors, some forever, some start to go neutral when they hit Anna's age.  (because I remind them that hearing aids have a 5 year color commitment!)

Sky Marvel hearing aid for children | Phonak

I saw 5 other babies, one of which was just admitted to our hospital for a liver mass.  Pray for her and her family (only 7 months old).  Heartbreaking.

I worked 10.5 hours, which might be the longest day I have ever worked for pay, or a near tie!  (I have worked longer days as a volunteer.)  I left stuff undone, which is a first for the pandemic era.


No comments:

Post a Comment