Wednesday, May 27, 2020

5/24/2020



The exact days are a little fuzzy, so these items are plus or minus a day or 2 (except the haircut, pretty sure I got that one right)


 Anna, Joel and I listened to chapter 5 of Harry Potter.  We decided that Simon Collow isn't related to the series, just a good British actor from one of my favorite movies (4 Weddings and Funeral) and he must know the person who organized this project.  Great job by all 3!  (of course we love Ginny and Luna)


 Matthew finally conceded to having a true hair-cut.  He is returning to work Monday and perhaps that was enough to convince him to let me get out the clippers.  I did some scissor cutting after my experience with Joel and left it longer on the top.  He looks so handsome!  (He still prefers long and shaggy, but I told him that Hy-vee was more likely to want to give him extra hours if he was a good representative of their brand.  (My words now, they weren't as good then.  Not sure that is what convinced him.)

 Matthew made cheese...kind of.....he blended multiple cheeses to make the perfect cheese for grilling.  (He learned this method from a guy on the internet "Binging with Babish")  It was a ton of work to make the cheese and it involved gelatin (which kept the age cheese from losing their oil if I understand it correctly (I watched Babish too)....and was so flavorful.  He made the family grilled cheese sandwiches!  Babish would have approved!





Anna and I did the "lava lamp" experiment from the internet.  (uses Alka seltzer)  It was cool, but I wish we had used less oil, since we then had to load it in a jar to throw away so it wouldn't clog the drain.







No comments:

Post a Comment