Wednesday, May 27, 2020

5/25/20 Memorial Day

My favorite veteran (and my lovely mother who waited for him to return from Korea before getting married)


Korean war memorial (that my dad got to see when my sister arranged his Honor Flight)  My dad actually built bridges, so I am not sure that this represents his Korean experience, but still good.  Ken's dad also went to Korea, but it was when the war was almost finished (or was finished) because he is younger than my dad.  My dad reminded me that 2 of his brothers (one still living) served in WWII.

We celebrated Carolyn's graduation 2 days later than it was supposed to be before it was postponed to who knows when...crazy.  Lest you think we have a micro-porch, we were just scooted next to the house for shade.
Iowa shirt from Aunt Debbie (also and Iowa grad)


No comments:

Post a Comment