Tuesday, May 5, 2020

May the Fourth Be With You

My colleague's husband now has Covid19 symptoms, which isn't surprising.  The story is more complicated than originally thought, in that she really hasn't been great at social distancing at home and her mom works full time at the hospital too, and her fiance works at a automotive shop.  At least some people at work feel it is unlikely that the baby she tested infected her, given her isolation gowning.  We won't know until God tells us in heaven, I guess.

I saw an inpatient today and didn't have my special communicator mask (just had a hospital mask and face-shield).  (The mask was at home where it would do me no good, but since our clinic wasn't open, I just wasn't thinking).  Tomorrow I am making more Communicators for my colleagues for when the clinic does open.  Otherwise we will need to write everything down.  At least initially we won't be seeing potential lip-readers, just infants who did not pass their newborn screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment