Wednesday, May 27, 2020

5/27/20

Here is Carolyn dropping off her Chromebook, choir uniform, books, playbill and sheet music.  We then waited in our car and they brought her the things from her lockers and her graduation gear.

I was disappointed that the school didn't put up any decorations for pick-up, but to be honest, I wasn't even thinking of going until I heard from friends at other schools that they went and it was nice.  It was good to be there with Carolyn.


Mr. H. The kid's choir and show choir director.  One of Carolyn's favorite teachers.  My kids were not surprised that I took a picture.  Carolyn and I then took back a huge amount of books and videos to the still closed library.  They are doing curb-side pick-up, which is awesome.  (we haven't placed an order, but are planning on it)

The girls and I walked to the post office to mail a package to my sister, but they stayed outside looking for flowers for Carolyn to press (pictures to follow).  I missed a call from my supervisor and then she called me right before 4 to tell me that R. tested positive for Covid19.  She asked if I was within 6 feet of her for more than 2 minutes.  I wasn't and therefore don't qualify for a test through the health system and don't need to take time off of work.  WHAT??  crazy stupid....kinda like going to Chicago when Illinois is shut down.

I was supposed to contact this lady at Employee Health to discuss any concerns I had, but by the time I called she was gone.  I jumped onto the (Covid) Test Iowa website but couldn't get a test in Des Moines tomorrow, but could in Ottumwa and signed up.  (If I had known a little earlier I would have driven to Denison for a 5:30 test tonight, but it was too late to get there in time.)  I am holding out hope that the Employee Health lady will just get me a test via our health system tomorrow.  Here is the craziest part.  Cuz I wasn't within 6 feet of R. for 2 minutes yesterday, I "don't need a test".  Despite that she was in Chicago 10 days ago and she was breathing all over the clinic last week when I was there.  I not only "don't need a test", I don't need to say away from work.  Crazy X 2.  However if I choose to get a test, I can't go to work for 3 days and until I have the test results.  (Even though the only reason I am having the test is because of very reasons  about which they are not concerned.)  Don't get me wrong, I think I should stay far away from the clinic until I get a negative test.  I just want the test in Des Moines and to save myself the 90 minutes each way to Ottumwa and to get the results in 15 hours, instead of potentially 3 days.

Plans were already in place for Carolyn to make dinner tonight, but normally we work as a team.  Tonight, Joel was her sous chef and my dinner was brought to my office.

And here is my bed for the next few nights (it is Joel's top bunk on the office floor).  Ken isn't as worried as I am, but I am staying in the office if the family is in the family room or kitchen.  I know I already exposed them if I am positive, but if I can keep the risk as low as possible now, I will.  

Totally side note and ending on a positive note:  The blanket in the picture below is the best blanket ever ....Costco if  you need a good blanket next winter.  Gift from my sweet sister.  Softest thing ever.  I totally get why babies have a favorite blanket now.  I think it would cure insomnia.  I will let you know, because today might have given me insomnia.


No comments:

Post a Comment