Saturday, May 2, 2020

May Day

Anna and I got up early in the morning to deliver about 1/3 of our May baskets.  This all started because someone on Facebook posted about an event where parents signed up their senior kiddo to get May baskets, then they made May baskets for the next 5 kids on the list.  Well, I have loved May baskets since elementary school.  We received May baskets right after we moved into this house and it was very welcoming.  That said, I didn't want to make May baskets for random Ankeny seniors.  So I asked Carolyn and we made May baskets for her 9 closest friends.  (and 3 of Joel's friends and a handful of Anna's friends, and some family friends).  The senior's baskets were much more elaborate than anyone else's.  Carolyn considered them "A grad party in a box", since her grad party has been cancelled.  We ordered everything online, since we are staying out of the stores as much as possible.....which is why we made so many baskets when the idea started just for seniors.  (ex: We had 60 packages of Oreos due to Sam's Club's requirement for delivery!!)
 Here is the basket on the front porch of our Youth Ministers.  Love the door!
Anna and I saw a fox during one of our deliveries!!  So fun. (no photo evidence...we tried)

I then worked and found out that I will likely be doing an ABR (Auditory Brainstem Response) test next week in the OR!  Our clinic will be opening, but just a little on the 11th.  (Just one patient at a time and only infants at first.)  I sent in MANY broken hearing aids for repair.

I came home and went on 2 walks.  (with my friend and then with the family to get smoothies...although I didn't get one because I am not a fan)  Anna and I delivered the remaining baskets.  (Carolyn delivered to her friends while I was at work.)

Then I came home and made masks for my friend's daughter who has started back to work at a restaurant in Tulsa.  Then we watch comedian John Mulaney.  Carolyn loves him, but he does have a potty mouth.  He was pretty funny although a couple of the jokes were not my cup of tea!

This was my busiest day of the Covid19 quarantine.

I also notified Catholic Youth Camp that Anna will not be attending.  I don't think they will have camp in June anyway, but I just wanted to let them know that everyone is on the "camp unless it is forbidden" train.  

No comments:

Post a Comment