Saturday, May 16, 2020

5/15/20

Today was the "most normal" day since March 10th.  I went to work, saw a full day of patients (only infants), didn't worry about the family because Ken had the day off.  (If we aren't travelling, and Ken is off, it likely is a Friday.  He gets a bunch of vacation days and was off many Friday at the end of 2019, so he wouldn't lose all the hours!  It was great because he made a wonderful fajita dinner.  I even had a bit of a margarita.  I then went for a walk and watched West Wing.

I do feel like I am living in 2 worlds.  Some people are acting like life is "as usual" but if you read the science, you know we are not anywhere close to normal.  We are still mostly locked down at home, wearing masks when we are out.  People are saying "our church should open, give us the Eucharist", but I don't feel that way.  I feel like church would be a huge super-spreader situation, given how crowded it is and how long we would be together.  I want to go back to church, but I don't want to risk lives..  sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment